Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Couple of Favorite Recipes

I don't know about you all, but I love me some food. I really love baking and I am really getting into cooking. I am also getting more adventurous in the kitchen. And by adventurous I mean, cooking from scratch. HA! But really, I have been doing really well with experimenting with new recipes. I have also started to change my shopping habits and what I keep stocked in the house to eat. It's been fun to say that I made this or that from scratch. My kids are loving the things I have made and that is super encouraging. So, here we go!

The first recipe I am sharing today is one I tried sometime in 2011 and loved it. I found it on Pinterest. I really love Thai food but had never made it. This recipe is super easy and super yummy. If you can boil water, you can make this.

Spicy Thai Noodles is a recipe you will love making and one that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. When I make it, I usually have chopped peanuts on hand, shredded cabbage (bagged cole slaw works awesome for this!), green onion, and I usually cook chicken in some teriyaki sauce to add to it. The sweetness of the teriyaki sauce works really well with the spiciness of the red pepper and the warmness of the sesame oil. I am actually making this tonight for dinner. It will be the first time that my kids are eating it so I am making it way less spicy than the recipe suggests. When you make this, be sure you have a lot of hungry people with you because there is a ton of it! I will probably half it for me and the kids. It's a good one to keep on hand for nights when you want a quick, yummy and super easy dinner. 

The second recipe is something sweet and oh so good. I am not even kidding when I say that these cookies are super addicting. It's a good thing that the recipe makes 4 dozen in one batch. I also found this recipe on Pinterest...I don't think I find recipes anywhere else, now that I think of it.

Anyway...cookies! I came across this recipe for Butterscotch and White Chocolate Oat Drops the same afternoon that I went grocery shopping and had already bought butterscotch and white chocolate chips. I just did a search on Pinterest for butterscotch chips and this popped up. So I got in the kitchen and made some up the next day. Holy moly, these are the easiest cookies to make and make your house smell so good. My kids and I ate up more than I would like to admit then we shared a bunch with some friends and my parents. I am planning on making these up before school starts (one month to go!) and freezing them so I can have them on hand for lunches. I highly recommend this recipe!

This is a picture I took of my cookies as they were cooling. They were gone shortly after this...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment