Sunday, September 11, 2011

School

I'm a student again after a twelve year break...yep, twelve years. I am excited to start this new chapter in my life. It makes me feel good that I am finally doing something good for me and ultimately good for my kids. Maybe I should have gone back before now. I don't think I would have appreciated this opportunity if I had, though. I think, like everything else, God's timing is perfect for this season in my life.

I am now officially a student working to finishing her Associates Degree in General Studies. Once I finish it, I will be a college graduate. That is something I truly did not think I would ever be. I have 29 credits to go. I am happy to say that 20 year old me was smart and finished all the required classes way back when. Now I have the luxury of choosing all electives to finish off my degree. I am looking forward to a variety of courses to help point me in the right direction for what I want to pursue after I earn my Associates. As of right now, I am clueless other than wanting to do something I enjoy but also something that would benefit my kids and I. I have time to figure it out, thankfully.

My classes start September 26th and I am so looking forward to them. I am taking Music Appreciation and Western Civilization. Both classes stood out to me in the course book so I am looking forward to seeing if they are as interesting as they sound. I opted to do all online classes so I would be free to continue working with both my children's schools as well as stay active in my church programs.

My life is about to become very crazy but I really enjoy that kind of structure. It balances me out I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment