Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sewing

I got the sewing bug over the weekend. It's been awhile since I last sat down to sew. It's one of my two favorite things to do. (reading is my favorite.)

So,  on Sunday evening,  I dug around and found some long lost dress patterns and cut them out.  Then I got super excited to make some new stuff for Claire.  So I cut fabric for three new skirts for her.  I got them finished on Monday morning and she is so happy with them.  Then I decided to draft a quick pattern for a pillowcase style dress for her.  It didn't take long to draw up and then make.  And it is so cute!! 

Today I made myself a new wristlet wallet.  Ever since I got my new phone (samsung galaxy s3...best phone ever),  I've been wanting to find a wallet that my phone will fit into.  I haven't liked any that I've seen enough to buy them.  So I decided to alter a wallet pattern that I love and make one! I'm really happy with the results. I have a big pocket in the back for my phone and a divided pocket for cards and money.  I made the wrist strap detachable and also decided to make a matching chapstick key chain.  :)  It's always fun when I sew for myself. 

I'm thankful that my grandma taught me to sew and that I've never really forgotten it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment