Friday, July 26, 2013

Unexpected

I always like when I have a plan and God comes in and changes it.  He always finds a way to give us what we need instead of what we think we want. 

I wasn't expecting to spend most of my kid free morning visiting with a friend,  but I did.  She and I had a bit of a rocky start this week but this morning was just the thing I needed.  (and maybe she needed it too) Nobody is perfect and I certainly don't claim to be,  but it's not always easy to rise above our own hurt feelings or circumstances to see the other person for who they are. 

I'm thankful today for the chances to do the right thing, the chances to make things right with someone,  to try to make things the best they can be,  or to simply move forward in the hope that everything is going to be alright. I am humbled by the subtle ways God shows me things I can work on so that He can shine through me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment