Friday, June 22, 2012

Community

About five months ago, after much prayer and thought, I made the decision to start attending a church in town and start putting down roots in our community. Today I had the best realization- we truly are part of this community! It's wonderful!
The kids and I went to the library to watch a puppet show. It was packed in that gathering room and I noticed as I looked around that I knew almost all the people in the room. It was a great visual realization for me. It was like God was saying, "you listened to my guidance and here is the fruit of that." It was just amazing. I love how the kids and I have fallen into our own place in the town and how we know so many people from church, work, school or mutual activities. It's so nice to feel like we belong somewhere.
So tonight I am very thankful for my community and the people in it. I'm just so blessed to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment