Thursday, June 14, 2012

People

I am feeling all kinds of emotions tonight, the last night my son is a kindergartner. How did we get to this day so fast?! I know I will be crying a lot tomorrow. Not just over my son moving up to first grade, but also because it means we will say goodbye to his teacher who we both love. I am sure that his teacher next year will be great, I think all the teachers at our school are pretty great, but I know this years teacher will hold a special place in both our hearts.
I am also sad to see so many fourth graders move to the middle school. I never imagined I would get so attached to these kids after only 4.5 months. (I'm already dreading saying goodbye next year after working with the next group of fourth graders for a full year) I am sad that I won't see these kids everyday but it's fun to see them excited for the next chapter in their lives.
So, tonight I'm thankful for my favorite kindergarten teacher and all that she did for her class this year. I can only tell you the impact she has had on Zane and its just wonderful. She is such a warm and loving person.
I'm also thankful tonight for my co-workers. I know I have been thankful for them before but they need to be mentioned again. I could not ask for a better group of women to work with everyday. How awesome is it to go to work and love the people there and have fun with them? I am just so blessed by each one of them for so many reasons. I can't wait to spend another year with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment